Our Members are vitally important to the continued success of The Cancer Support Group ACT Eden Monaro’s Own. We would not have made it to where we are today without their assistance and ongoing support.
As a charity, we are constantly fundraising. This means, we are constantly in need of assistance from our volunteers with our fundraising efforts.
What is involved?
- A member of The Cancer Support Group has a large role in the organisation, without our members our fundraisers would not be able to proceed.
- We hold monthly meetings for our members to meet and to go over upcoming events, and update everyone on the administrative details of the previous month. We do expect that Members attend a minimum of 6 meetings each year.
- Fundraising is the Group's main revenue. As a result we need our members to represent the Group. Our fundraisers range from BBQ's and stalls through to our major events including Convoy for Cancer Families and Hawaiian Beach Party.
- We ask that our members commit to a minimum of 4 events each year.
- There is also an annual fee of $11, that is payable at the first meeting.
Who can join?
- You have to be over 16 years of age to join the Members committee. If you are over 16, we want you desperately!
If you want to help your local community, gain excellent work experience in event organisation, or looking to boost your resume for future employment register now or email us or phone us. Our office staff will be happy to let you know how you can help.